Jan 30, 2013

Creative Friday


creative friday1
Children love to express their selves and feelings in lots of ways. Drawing, dancing, singing, playing an instrument are well known ways to relax mind and body.

As a mom I encourage my children to be as much creative as they can.
  
I love drawing and painting very much, so I’m feeling more comfortable helping them in those ways. I like very much listening to music and music is part of our daily life. My children love singing their favorite songs and usually I do it with them, I don’t think I must be a singer to sing children songs. Unfortunately, I’m not good at playing instruments, but their father helps them with music, he is more talented than me.


Friday is the last day of the week, children are usually really tired and stressed out, another long school week is at the end and it’s hard try to do the weekend homeworks. It’s better help children to free their minds and let them free to express themselves in their way.

Our Creative Friday starts with a funny snack, it isn’t important what we eat: fruits, cookies, a fruit juice, or so on. The important thing is that it must be special, just the Creative Friday must have this kind of snack. For example: if we would like to have fruit, we make a smoothie, it’s easy with a mixer: we choose some fruits and mix them with a little bit of milk. Or we have fruit juices in special glasses. 
Just choose the funniest way you like and ask children to help to make and to clean, of course.

creative friday3 After the snack, it's creative time.

I stick a very big white paper with tape at the table (it’s also good to stick some smaller white papers together), then I give my children different tools and they choose what to use to create: pencils, rubbers, colored pencils, felt pens,  finger colors, brushes, crayons, colored papers, scissors (just to my older daughter), glue, play dough, and so on.

I just put everything on the table, or I give them what they ask.







creative friday2Then I just let them free to do what they want.
It’s a good way to free my mind too, so I stay at the table with them and I help my little one creating with play dough (it is her favorite), or drawing something.

My older daughter is very creative by herself and she always would like to do surprises for everyone: a drawing, or something with colored papers.

The big white paper on the table is a cover for the table and a white canvas to paint. Usually they draw and paint it too!







creative friday5
Sometimes we paint together a big paint.
Anyone cooperates to the painting adding different things: while I paint some flowers and my child draws the sun or the grass, or something she likes. Anyone draws things while the other one draws something else. At the end we enjoy our big paint.












creative friday4 Creative Friday is our time together, we spend time together doing something we like to do. We spend as much time as we like drawing and painting, or doing anything we like.

At the end of the creative time (for us arrives when I have to cook and serve the dinner on that table) anyone is more relaxed, feel better, free from the duties of the daily life.











I suggest anyone to create a special day in the week to do something creative.
Of course, anyone choose the favorite creative way, but the important things are the feel to be free and the presence of a parent.

Children draw, paint, sing, play an instruments anytime by themselves.
My children fill our home with their drawings and paintings but the ones during Creative Friday are the best ones, the ones done with heart.


thankyou2

7 comments:

momto8blog on January 31, 2013 at 7:08 PM said...

good for you for encouraging your children's creativity! I too am a firm believer in giving kids time to explore their own ways of making things. I would many times give my kids a pile of "stuff" and say here...make me something. That thinking oust side of the box stayed with them and helped them in high school and college.....
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

Anabell on January 31, 2013 at 10:46 PM said...

Hi,
Thanks so much for your comment.
I hope you enjoy your visit here and you'll come back again.
Sure I'm following too.

savysuburbanmom on February 1, 2013 at 8:23 PM said...

Hi Anabell

Great post! My girls love to do anything and everything creative. I try to set aside at least half an hour each day to do something creative. I love to see what they create.

Tania
a.k.a. SSMom
www.savysuburbanmom.blogspot.com

Anabell on February 3, 2013 at 2:24 PM said...

Hi Tania,
Children are very creative. It's important for them to have parents who like what they do.
I'm sure your children like spend time with you.

Ashley Butler Kimber Matherne on February 11, 2013 at 4:04 PM said...

I found your blog via MBC and think yours is great! I love your philosophy. One great post a week is definitely better than a bunch of mediocre ones. Please visit our blog at www.thepinningmama.com Im going to start following you on FB and Twitter. :) We are going to launch our blog April 1 and are hoping it will be as awesome as we have planned out in our minds!

Anabell on February 12, 2013 at 7:17 AM said...

Hi,
Thank you for your comment.
I'm glad you like my blog and that you are going to follow it.
I visit your, I'm going to follow you back.

Jessie on February 22, 2013 at 5:58 AM said...

Found your blog via MBC and love your creative Fridays! I love how creative my kids can be and so appreciate that their creations cover our walls now a days.

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Term of Use

All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions of use are subject to change at anytime and without notice.

Cuddles and Bubbles Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino