Dec 5, 2012

Felt Christmas tree


FeltTree-sq I'm always looking for a good way to keep my toddler busy and one day I saw a picture of a felt project like this on Pinterest.com .

Unfortunately, I didn't pin it, so I don't remember who published that project.

That's way I did my own version of a felt Christmas tree.
First of all, I found lots of different felt in bright colors: green for the tree, yellow for stars and decorations, blue for decorations and red for hearts and decorations.

I cut out a big tree shape from the green one. The best way is to fold the felt and cut the tree in order to have the same shape on the two sides.
Unfolding the tree it will look like perfect!

HalfTree-sm

Then I cut out lots of different shapes in different sizes from other colors: circles, hearts and stars. And a very big star for the top of the tree.
Shapes2-sm
I stuck some Velcro hooks on the back of the shapes with fabric glue, also hot glue is good for this.
shapes-sm

 

 

sta-smr   

And... That's all!

All the pieces are done! They could be stuck and moved everywhere on the Christmas Tree and also combined together, making different shapes: hearts on circles, big and small shapes together, just let your kids use their great imagination!

Anyway, anyone could cut out lots of different shapes, in different sizes, that could be a funny way for toddlers to learn names of shapes and colors and differences from any sizes of different shapes.

FeltTree-sm
When this tree was ready, I spent all my time explaining my little one that she could add decorations to her tree and move where she likes.

It worked for about ten minutes then she focused on pieces of felt on the floor!
Well all that pieces kept her busy  …. so... It was fine for me too!

thankyou2

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Term of Use

All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions of use are subject to change at anytime and without notice.

Cuddles and Bubbles Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino